Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wishful Thinking

I sit here staring blankly at this empty text box at 12:13 am. Hoping, wishing and praying that it will fill itself as I need to zip through this and compete the mound of homework from other grade twelve teachers. I might just write the best blog you have ever seen. Wait, who am I kidding that won't happen. I give my head a huge shake, attempting to bounce some ideas around when I notice a blank piece of paper on the ground. I reach over and pick it up without crinkling it in the slightest and lay it flat on my laptop. Then, I begin to ponder the ways I could manipulate this piece of 8 1/2 by 11 paper. I go through thoughts of transforming it into some intricate origami, maybe a simple airplane or crumple it into a ball. This wouldn't be some ordinary ball. No, this would be a ball from the best sport in this world. Basketball! I quickly crumple and hold the sphere in my hand already going into game mode. I'm shooting the championship winning free throw for the Chicago Bulls. I'm the only girl ever inducted into the NBA. Yes, I'm the that spectacular. The crowds chanting my name as teammates give me tips on how to make it. I ignore them already knowing that I will have the perfect shot. The spectators fall into a silence. I get my balance, focus my eyes on the basket, elbow at a ninety degrees angle, take the shot and follow through with my hand in the cookie jar. The crowd is out of their seats going ballistic as I make the shot! I just won the game. My high of winning the game comes crashing down as I catch a glimpse of this the blank page once again. I groan, and hope one day my little fantasy comes true.

No comments:

Post a Comment