Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fast Money?

"It's has been two weeks and no changes" sighed Mark.
"Are you sure it's been that many?" questioned Jackson as he sat down on the concrete floors.
"I'm positive," reassured Mark, that I counted the days properly."
"Feels like we have sat in this concrete, 14 by 16 room for at least a month," resented Jackson. "Do you know when our contract ends?"
"As soon as they find the results they wish to see."
"Ugh, I wanted to get some fast money! This has turned out to be painstakingly long,"complained Jackson.

"It's easy though. All we have to do is sign that contract that says we can't sue the pharmaceutical company, take some untested pills and sit and wait. Oh, not mention we get free food while we're here and thirty thousand dollars! Only downside is that I have to wear the same clothing as you," says Mark trying to lighten the mood.

"I just need the money badly. I wonder how my kids and wife are fairing without me there to support them," worried Jackson.
"Someone will be there to watch over them and keep them safe," comforted Mark. "Why do you need the money exactly?" he asked.
"It would allow us finally move out of the hovel of a house from downtown Chicago to someplace where my kids can play outside. My wife and I wouldn't have to worry about them being caught in the crossfire of some drug deal," explained Jackson. He wished that the medical doctors would let them speak with their families but the contract is completely against it. "How come your going through this process of being a human guinea pig?"
"Well, I could have taken over my father's company but I wanted to do something for myself. So, I went against everything they had wanted and started up my own business and have had some shortcomings. It's either have this money or claim bankrupt."
"Wow, I have to give it to you for not conforming to their wishes; I would not have the guts to do that.
One of the  medical examiners interrupts the two men," Please come with me, time for your daily examination."
They walk through the only entrance way to the room and down a wide hallway with the same concrete walls and floor. At the end of the hallway, there are two white doors. This is where the two men part to be examined. Before entering they wish each other good luck and hope for the best.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I tried to remove the random two spaces but can't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 vof 4 assignments complete. Good detail. Quite well polished - only minor errors occasionally. Good effort.

    ReplyDelete